woensdag 23 januari 2008

Warsaw

Last Friday I flew into Poland for the go live of the project I was working on the last 3 months.
Given the short leadtime that was given to the project team, we all feared for the worst.

We went live on Monday. That is the most important message. How is something else.
The hours we had worked were massive. The hours of sleep decreased by day. I started off with 6 hours sleep and it decreased every day by an hour.

Since management didn't give us any liquid reward on Monday we decided to celebrate it ourselves. We only had 1 issue. We got to the hotel around 3 in the morning and all bars around and in the hotel were closed. And yes there is only 1 way to solve the issue, crack the mini bar and go to the lobby. That morning we got to bed around 5 and had to leave the hotel at 9.
I cannot remember how many times I used the snooze button, but it was enough to skip breakfast and having to run down to catch the taxi on time.

Geen opmerkingen: