dinsdag 18 september 2007

Belgium first 100 days

We still don't have a government in Belgium. We had the elections 100 days ago and there are no signs off an opening. I have difficulties understanding what the true showstoppers are. Why would people want to divide Belgium into 2 or 3 small countries while most of the laws are determined by Europe. An article in Humo was very reveling. The wealthiest regions in Belgium are Brussels, Vlaams Brabant and Waals Brabant. Even regions in West Flanders are getting subsedies.
They still have another 48 days to beat the record. In 1988 it took 148 days to have a government. Hope our politicians succeed sooner.
I'm still wondering if I will have to vote from Sweden next year. As of January, February I will be a Belgian living abroad and will have to go to the embassy to vote. When will I have to do it????