dinsdag 25 september 2007

A lovely day

I was about to start another year of squash in my little squash club close by Waterloo, but ..... As last year, the person in charge of the squash club changed. Now that JJA will not be around anymore, I decided not to renew my membership for these few months.When E. invited me yesterday for a game of badminton with colleagues I didn’t hesitate. At the end there was only E. and M.. They 2 of them played against me and made me run. I was really happy with some of my shots (and obviously not with others). It was crowded and therefore we were not able to play for 2 hours.

Today I’m enjoying a day off. This morning I went for an half an hour run (which was not that easy when your throat is aching, but I was really happy at the end of the run). I even did the food shopping. What a superb experience, nobody was driving their trolley into my ankles. Why can’t it be like this during weekends? Now that I’m writing about it, it became apparent that I haven’t seen one group of people: retired people. Would it be true that they only shop on Saturdays?????

1 opmerking:

Petchie75 zei

I once went with my grandmother to the supermarket just when it opened - it was a Tuesday and the pensioners were queueing outside the building waiting for the doors to open. Tuesdays is fresh fish day after the weekend and they all wanted the best herring fillets! My grandmother called them the herring train (sillatåget in Swedish)...
Belgian pensioners also like going to the post office at 09 sharp, when people who are trying to get their errands done on the way to work have to wait for them to discuss which stamps are the most beautiful ones... arrrgghh.