zondag 18 november 2007

Geraadsbergen

K organised a food trip around Geraadsbergen. We started the trip on the main square of Geraadsbergen where we learned that in the Middle Ages 4 fountains were placed around the main square. They even had the Manneke Pis. I, as a Bruxelois, has to say of course that only the one in Brussels is the most important one. Our guide was really good and we understood the impact of the Napoleon translations on the street names.
After climbing the famous "muur van Geraadsbergen" which is very famous from one of the biggest cyling events in Belgium we enjoyed dinner with a Leffe from the tap.
I had already cycled up the Muur when I was jonger and staying with my grandmother, but I just couldn't remember (or even imagine) that I had cycled it a couple of times.
Even if it is a small city, it really is a lovely city.
I really enjoyed the stories told by our guide on how the inhabitants once threw their last food over the big wall to fool the people that wanted to invade Geraadsbergen.
K had organised this really well. After an hour walk we enjoyed a glass of champagne and some starters. After a walk we had lunch and after another bit of stretching the legs we had a big plate of dessert with coffee.

Geen opmerkingen: