dinsdag 23 oktober 2007

Badminton

Yesterday evening I played a game of badminton against T. We were the only 2 to show up and after a 5 minute warm-up we started a match.
Last weekend we watched a couple of badminton games on a Dutch channel. The game looks so easy when you see them play. Those players (top of the world) are able to play all the shot and make it look so easy.
Well…………… the difference is huge. During the warm up I had issues because of the speedminton I played on Sunday. The shuttle wasn’t as fast and dropped on the floor a meter before me while I was trying to hit it. First moments of embarrassment.
The first 2 games were very intense and the after the second set the sweat was dripping on the floor. I hadn’t played an intense single game for a long time and the difference between badminton and squash is huge. Each won a set in the beginning. I won the last 2 games (only because I was a bit fitter than T).
The difference in game strategy was significant. T varied his game a lot, he manages both drop and long shots. There were moments were I thought that the shuttle would drop before crossing the net and at the end I had to run like a lunatic to reach the shuttle. Luckily we don’t have computer statistics after a game, I would have looked ridiculous.
Before I left the office I wanted to go for a run after badminton.
A good shower and dragging myself in the sofa were the only activities after I drove back from the sports centre.

Geen opmerkingen: