vrijdag 5 oktober 2007

My first week at Oriflame

Today is already my 5th working day at Oriflame. I don't have the feeling that I'm the lost son who found the path to heaven again.
The job content is completely different to what I had done before. I'm looking forward to the new challenge I have undertaken by joining again. I'm at the beginning of a new learning curve, which gives beautiful sparkles to the Oriflame dream. It surprised me that I know so little on the overall process. When you work in a department you only know the touch points with the other departments, but not really everything in dept. Next week I will have to learn all the ins and outs of the DRP process. I will have a continuous head ache. I’ll have to drink alcohol this weekend to free up space in my memory.
I had an SQL training yesterday in a very tiny, warm room. The projector and all the laptops added a few degrees to the average temperature of the room. By the end of the day my few brain cells were boiling and overloaded.
Luckily I still had a game of squash lined up. Danish dynamite made me run and at the end of the game I was completely exhausted. It made my head ache even worse, but what would men be without medication and a good night rest.
Today I'm feeling fine again and ready for some drinks at Place Lux tonight.
Tomorrow my parents are throwing a party for family and friends to celebrate their 60th birthday. I still cannot grasp the fact that they left the fifties behind them. I would like to age like they do. They have rented a venue and after a nice dinner we will be able to stretch our legs on the dance floor. We will have the make sure that we pick our favorite dancing shoes tomorrow evening.

Geen opmerkingen: