maandag 15 oktober 2007

This weekend

We got so used to having P. in our apartment that we miss her. The weekend was great and a bit too heavy. We started with some drinks on Place Lux on Friday and a bottle of wine with pizza at our place. As usual on Fridays I watched TV while I should already have gone to bed.
On Saturday morning we bought the present for I. godchild. We purchased a laptop for kids (with a mouse). His teacher had told the parents that kids nowadays (he only turned 4) know how to use a PC and he was the only one of his class that didn’t knew how to operate a PC. Well from now on he will be a wiz kid.
We had to be in Ganshoren at 16h00 to celebrate his birthday with the rest of the family. I and I drove separately because P. was having her farewell party in our apartment. Traffic was horribly. An accident happened on the inner ring. I had the superb idea to take the scooter and managed to go between the cars. I must have passed V. on my way back home. It took her over an hour to get from Affligem to our apartment.
The party was great (not for everyone since France lost against England in rugby). We met some of P.’s friends that we had never seen before. Our place hosted a blend of nationalities. P. had clearly mentioned that no food would be served. Some people took this very literally and took their own food to heat up in the microwave. A new way of throwing parties I must say.
Around 2 a.m. most of the people had left. We cleaned up the apartment after that and went to bed. I was tired and had the intention to sleep long, but ………………………………………… the helicopters broadcasting the marathon of Brussels thought differently. We woke up around 8 o’clock. We couldn’t sleep afterwards.
Around 11 a.m. we enjoyed a brunch on Place Lux and spend the rest of the afternoon in the apartment. In the evening we drove P to the airport and went to my parents for dinner. I was dead by the end of the evening.